Stylishly and intelligently designed for your on-the-go digital lifestyle, Apple's MacBook is the perfect confluence of affordability, innovation, and powerful computing. This latest iteration of the affordable "white" MacBook line (model MB881LL/A) gets a boost in video processing power from the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics chip and doubles the RAM to 2 GB (with a 4 GB maximum capacity). You'll enjoy quick and nimble multitasking thanks to the 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor--which bumps the frontside bus speed from 866 MHz to 1066 MHz--and the 13.3-inch glossy widescreen display provides the perfect combination of pixels and portability. This MacBook also features a 120 GB hard drive and an integrated 802.11n Wi-Fi LAN that provides compatibility with older 802.11b/g routers as well as the faster throughput of Apple's Airport Extreme.
Measuring a mere 1.08 inches thin and weighing in at only 5.0 pounds, the MacBook cuts a slim profile on any desk (or in any backpack or briefcase). A durable polycarbonate shell in white keeps it ready for the rough and tumble of everyday life. It also offers a unique keyboard design that sits flush against the bed for a sleeker, lower profile--which means you experience a firm, responsive touch when typing. Other standard Apple "extras" includes a built-in iSight video camera and Apple's magnetically connected MagSafe power adapter, which safely disconnects when under strain.
Other hardware features include a 24x combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive, built-in Gigabit Ethernet for high-speed networking, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate), a FireWire 400 port, DVI video output, and Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144 MB of shared memory.
* 24x slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive (writes 24x CD-R, 16x CD-RW; reads CDs at 24x and DVDs at 8x)
* Mini-DVI port for video output (VGA adapter and mini-DVI to DVI adapter sold separately)
* Built-in stereo speakers and omnidirectional microphone
* Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in
* Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out
* Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 400 port
* Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
* Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
* Kensington cable lock slot
* Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
* Measures 12.78 x 8.92 x 1.08 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 5 pounds
* Time Machine, an effortless way to automatically back up everything on a Mac
* A redesigned Finder that lets users quickly browse and share files between multiple Macs
* Quick Look, a new way to instantly see files without opening an application
* Spaces, an intuitive new feature used to create groups of applications and instantly switch between them
* A brand new desktop with Stacks, a new way to easily access files from the Dock
* Major enhancements to Mail and iChat
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools); iLife '08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand); Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive; iWork '08 (30-day trial)
Buy:Apple MacBook MB881LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, Slot Loading SuperDrive)