Nikon D90 Fusing 12.3-megapixel image quality inherited from the award-winning D300 with groundbreaking features, low-noise image quality is further advanced with EXPEED image processing. Split-second shutter response and continuous shooting at up to 4.5 frames-per-second provide the power to capture fast action and precise moments perfectly, while Nikon’s exclusive Scene Recognition System contributes to faster 11-area autofocus performance, finer white balance detection and more. The D90 delivers the control passionate photographers demand, utilizing comprehensive exposure functions and the intelligence of 3D Color Matrix Metering II. Stunning results come to life on a 3-inch 920,000-dot color LCD monitor, providing accurate image review, Live View composition and brilliant playback of the D90’s cinematic-quality 24-fps HD D-Movie mode.
The D90’s creative potential explodes with the capability to record smooth 24fps, motion JPEG sound movie clips. Leveraging the D90’s 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor, legendary Nikkor optical quality and the one-button Live View function, the D-Movie Mode gives still photographers a new and exciting way to express themselves in 720p HD.
Compact, yet powerful, the D90 captures up to 4.5 images per second. Accurate 11-point autofocus is now even faster and more intelligent, aided by Nikon’s exclusive Scene Recognition System. The unique Nikon 420-pixel 3D Color Matrix II Metering system, now enhanced by EXPEED image processing technologies, delivers extraordinary exposure accuracy -- immediately evident when reviewing images on the D90’s super-density 3-inch 920,000-dot color LCD monitor.
Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System
Nikon’s renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates images, referencing an on-board database of over 30,000 photographic scenes, for unmatched exposure accuracy.
Nikon D90 Features:
- 12.9 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor (effective pixels: 12.3 million)
- 3.0-inch 920,000 pixel (VGA x 3 colors) TFT-LCD (same as D3 and D300)
- Live View with contrast-detect AF, face detection
- Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
- Illuminated focus points
- Movie capture at up to 1280 x 720 (720p) 24 fps with mono sound
- IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)
- 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
- Expeed image processing engine
- 3D tracking AF (11 point)
- Short startup time, viewfinder blackout and shutter lag
- Slightly improved viewfinder (96% frame coverage)
- Extensive in-camera retouching including raw development and straightening
- Improved user interface
- New optional compact GPS unit (fits on hot shoe)
- Same battery and vertical grip as D80
- Vignetting control in-camera
- 72 thumbnail and calendar view in playback
Buy: Nikon D90 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens